- MMVC17 (August 4-6)
MMVC17 (August 4-6)
Teaching and Learning with Moodle and Beyond
The 6th annual MoodleMoot Virtual Conference (MMVC17) for 2017 will take place from August 4-6, 2017 on WizIQ (see list of webinars). The purpose of the conference is for educators to engage in learning best practices and challenges involved in teaching and learning face-to-face and online (blended and fully online learning) using Moodle and other technologies. The theme of MMVC17 is teaching and learning fully online or in blended (hybrid) learning format with and beyond Moodle.
MMVC17 will take place on a Moodle site and on WizIQ. Enrol on MMVC17 on WizIQ to access the content and view the live online sessions. Enrol in MMVC17 Moodle site to get access the content before and after the conference, get your badges, final certificate for reflecting and presenting.
Click to launch the live online classes as a guest or attendee (Use Firefox for best viewing). You may join the classes as a guest, but add your name so we know who you are, or create an account and log in if you’d like to get your final certificate for attending the webinars.
Recordings will be available to those who join MMVC17 on WizIQ’s new LMS platform.
- checkEnrollments: 457
- font_downloadLanguages: English
- eventStart date: Aug 4, 2017
- access_timeDuration: 1 week
- radio_button_checkedDocuments: 26
- play_circle_filledVideo: 3
- voice_chatLive Class: 23
- check_circleTeaching and Learning with Technology
- check_circleTeaching and Learning Online
- check_circleCase Studies on Moodle
- check_circleOnline Learning Environments
- check_circleBadges for Learning
- assessmentAll Week MMVC17 Presenters
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Opening Ceremony
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: EFL Talks and More with Rob Howard
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Showing up every single week
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: The New School Experience Part Two by Roy Andersen
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Spice up your lessons with interactive tools
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Grow Your Own Classroom
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Motivating Teens & Youngsters to Learn & Study
- voice_chatAug 4 MMVC17: Techno-Clil in the 21st Century School
- assessmentAug 4 EFLtalks-mmvc17-pic-pres
- classAug 4 Rob Howard video-1501075087
- classAug 4 Rob Howard video-1501073869
- assessmentAug 4 Showing up every single week
- assessmentAug 4 Nearpod-Edpuzzle_MMVC17 Live Presentations-August4th2017
- subjectAug 4 Roy Andersen 4th August
- assessmentAug 4 Roy Andersen 4th August
- assessmentAug 4 MM17 Letizia & Daniela
- assessmentAug 4 MMVC17 OpeningCeremony
- assessmentAug 4 Growyourownclassroom
- subjectAug 4 Trial, MVC17
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: Dealing With Digital Distraction in the Classroom
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: Bringing Pendantic Learning of Vocabulary to Life!
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: They’ll never forget!
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: A Quantum Leap for future direction of education
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: How to be a Fair Tester?
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: Creating Powerful Learning Possibilities with VR Tools
- voice_chatAug 5 MMVC17: Understanding programming fundamentals
- assessmentAug 5 Bringing Pedantic Learning Of Vocabulary To Life
- assessmentAug 5 Importance of PF
- assessmentAug 5 A_QUANTUM_LEAP
- assessmentAug 5 Charles MMVC17
- assessmentAug 5 ARE YOU A FAIR TESTER
- subjectAug 5 Creating Powerful Learning Possibilities with VR Tools
- assessmentAug 5 Dealing-with-digital-distractions-in-the-classroom
- classAug 5 How to break habits from The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- assessmentAug 5 MindfulnessPractice2ImproveClassroomCulture
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: Use of Technology in CLIL
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: What to expect in online education in coming years
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: What about Non - Native Online English Teachers?
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: Using Moodle in collaborative interdisciplinary group projects
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: Rethinking Stress Triggers with Sue Annan
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: Innovation for quality leadership
- voice_chatAug 6 MMVC17: Technology Facilitates and Frustrates
- assessmentAug 6 Teaching online and handling stress
- assessmentAug 6 Ewa and Anna
- assessmentAug 6 Use of Technology in CLIL Approach to Teaching
- assessmentAug 6 Online Education with Parminder
- assessmentAug 6 Native English Teacher or non- Native English Teacher
- assessmentAug 6 MMVC17 Powerful Students ROSMERY
- subjectAug 6 THE POWER OF CONNECTIONS
- assessmentAug 6 MMVC17 Technology Facilitates and Frustrates
- voice_chatAug 10 MMVC17: Julie Kacmaz Grow Your Own Classroom
Nellie Deutsch (Ed.D) is a Canadian education technology consultant, curriculum and instruction developer, blended learning practitioner, relationship-based transformative mentor, researcher, writer, speaker, and community builder. She combines technology and professional development courses with mindfulness practice, the Alexander technique, and the Silva Method. Her teaching experiences range from teaching English as a foreign language (EFL/ESL) in high school and higher education for over 35 years and teacher professional development with technology since 2006. She speaks at online and face-to-face conferences and organizes annual informal MOOCs, online conferences, and free online courses and webinars on Moodle for Teachers. She has published articles and books (available on Amazon). Nellie Deutsch offers online and face-to-face courses on teaching with technology, mobile devices in the classroom, Moodle (course and learning management system), Google Drive, tools to develop video tutorials, Adobe Connect and WizIQ. She mentors teachers on how to engage and allow students to teach as a way to learn using active learning methods. Her focus is on integrating technology into blended, the flipped class, and fully online programs.
She founded Integrating Technology for Active Lifelong Learning (IT4ALL) community of educators, Moodle for Teachers (M4T) network, Connecting Online (February) and MoodleMoot (August) annual virtual conferences. She organizes annual Moodle MOOCs (November and May) and Second Life MOOC (April). Dr. Deutsch follows a relationship-based collaborative active learning approach to instruction and learning and teaching as a way to learn. Her experiential humanitarian approach to instruction and learning has earned her the respect of educators around the globe and attracted her to healthy living and Mindfulness. She's an accredited PAIRS (Practical Application of Intimate Relationship Skills), conflict resolution, and Reiki practitioner.